Tuesday 1 June 2010

Todays run ends with an entry to Juneathon 2010

June 1st usually means 28 days till my birthday. This year June is gonna be a whole new experience. Adele Prince a blogger, a runner and artist has been blogging about her Juneathon for the last few years. I've been a little envious of her blogging and decided to start a blog about my current thing eating and exercise.

Blogging is new to me and I have tried to think about what should blog about.
My recent Weight Watchers membership has been the only thing I've been thinking about for the last 15 weeks. My boyfriend one day joked that I always have Calorific Dreams, hence the choice of blog title. I've also been visiting a gym 3-4 times a times a week. I hit a plateau for 4 weeks and was ready to give up. My leader suggest that I stop using weights as this might be the reason, I wasn't shifting the pounds. That was a little shock to me and I thought varying my exercise would give me the weight loss I wanted. So my new action plan was to start running.

This morning I decided a new tactic, music! I hadn't used my iPod at the gym, I just plugged into the audio system and watched Sian and Bill on BBC Breakfast. After failing to make a playlist, I flicked through my iPod and the Yeah Yeah Yeah's was the band I picked. I'm a genius, Karen O's voice was just what I needed. At the end of my first run, I'd done my PB 4k in 31 minutes. I was so impressed I decide to share my joy on twitter. Adele instantly replied and suggested I enter Juneathon. I was a little apprehensive, but what did I have to loose? ...so Juneathon 2010 here I go... wish me luck!

Stats
Day 1
Activity - Gym Running
Time - 31 minutes
Distance - 4km

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you in blog land! That thing about not doing weights...in the long run it will be really beneficial - you get an increased metabolism from building muscle, so a longer 'after burn', so it's good to still do some weights alongside your running (if you have the energy!).

    Looking forward to hearing all about it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. And welcome along! Promise you won't hate June tooooooo much by your birthday!

    ReplyDelete