Thursday 3 June 2010

A Smaller Run and Pilates

Getting up this morning was hard as I was at Electric Hotel, an outdoor dance performance, which started at 9.45pm. I had to be organised and packed my PE kit before I went out.

Chris started the gps thingy on his phone, so I could calculate my route. We walked to my gym, via the Millienium Bridge. It's a nice route to take, in the morning sun. I was struggling in the heat, as I was carrying my rucksack and handbag. I'd already decided to run less this morning. Thursdays is Pilates Day, so I try not to exhaust myself in the morning.

Today I started my run listening to the One Five Five, Audio Fuel. I set the running machine on 5k, as I wasn't sure how long or far I wanted to run for. I quite like looking at the timer and getting the number to round off nicely. I started by thinking burning 100 calories would be a good target to aim for. Once I'd reached that I noticed I'd already run just under 2k. I decided to carry on going and aim for 16 minutes. Not bad, I felt satisfied and after my stretches I decided to use the free weight machines, so my time spent in the gym totalled more than just my running time.

I'm lucky as I work for a company, who likes to promote wellbeing. Every Thursday at lunch I attend Pilates. I've been going for over a year and have progressed to the intermediate class. My teacher Melanie Noble is great and I enjoy every class. Only problem is going back to work.

I'm going to start adding my Weight Watchers activity points to my stats. The first 3 days have been quite easy to do, as I was already planning to go to the gym 3 times this week. Friday Morning is weigh day, so I don't normally visit the gym. I still have time to think about what I do. Maybe I'll go swimming before Weight Watchers or get a walk in after work. Guess you'll find out in tomorrow's blog ;-)

Stats
Activity1 - Walking
Time - 30mins
Distance - 3km
WW Activity Points - 1.5

Activity2 - Gym Running
Time - 18mins
Distance - 2.2km
Calories - 114
WW Activity Points - 2

Activity3 - Pilates
Time - 50mins
WW Activity Points - 2.5

1 comment:

  1. hey Deeps, what would you say are the benefits of Pilates, and is it something that's difficult to get into initially?

    ReplyDelete