Sunday 20 June 2010

Today I Ran and Mowed the Lawn

This morning my mum just asked if I was going to go running and then asked me what I wanted for breakfast. Maybe they think running is a phase. I didn't explain Juneathon, as I would then have to explain blogging. My parents are great with the Internet and eBay, so they would have understood. I was just being lazy. My dad was amazed with my Nike+.

The sky was looking grey and it looked quite windy, but I quite like the run in the cool weather yesterday, so I was looking forward to the run. I set my Nike+ to run 15 minutes as I wanted to see, if outside running with a time goal would make me run differently. I started from the other path and soon realised that I missed a grassy path yesterday. It took me through the long glassy bit where the horses were grazing. I enjoyed seeing new parts of a park I have not visited in over 10 years. I did full circuit of the park and a bit more, so I could do my full 15 minutes.

As it was Fathers Day I offered to mow the lawn. My parents garden isn't very big, so I knew it wasn't going to take long. It took 30 minutes to do the whole lawn. I wasn't allowed to use the streamer, as it was my dad's new toy. It's petrol powered and loud! I got to have a break, while he did the edges and then I tidied up. Sweeping is a hard job! I reckon I must have earned my self at least 2 WW points!

Stats
Activity1 - Park Running
Distance - 2.36km
Time - 15.14 mins
Calories - 165
Pace - 6' 27"
WW Activity Points - 2

Activity2 - Mowing & Sweeping
Time - 50 minutes
WW Activity Points - 2

No comments:

Post a Comment