Friday 4 June 2010

Gym Rat and Half a Pound

So I did make it to the gym on day 4. Another late night and early start. I really wasn't sure what type of 'activity' I wanted to do cos, honestly I wanted to stay at home and do nothing. I knew I couldn't avoid weigh day and I knew I was going out in the evening. The solution was do the exercise in the morning. I ruled out swimming, cos I didn't want to wash my hair. Running it is then!

I used the gym near Liverpool Street Station, so I can make it to Weight Watchers, which was also nearby. Being the girlfriend of a geek, I'm also part of a another type of social networking called foursquare. The basic explanation is that you 'check in' to venues, such as bars, theatres even gyms. Mainly to share with your friend your location, so you can meet up. Don't ask. I don't know either, I just joined because Chris read about it on a geek site. Anyway, I've been checking into the gyms every morning for a few weeks. This morning I 'unlocked' the Gym Rat badge. You also collect 'badges'. I can't explain it, it already sounds ridiculous!

Audio Fuel switched on and I'm ready to go. I managed a respectable 20minutes and I was happy. I've not used level 9 for a full run before, so another first for me.

This morning was a really hot one and I headed to the dreaded scales. I wasn't sure how the bank holiday, the Eurovision party and 4 days consecutive mornings of exercise were going to look on the scales, but I knew it wasn't going to be lots. I've noticed I've been hungry more than usual, but then again I like eating, so I had to choose my snacks wisely.

Amazingly lost 0.5lbs. I know it doesn't sound like much, but all losses are great and I'm just glad it's going in the right direction.

It's a late post today. I was at a leaving drinks for a colleague. Gok Wan was also there, he's a friend of the person leaving! I was impressed, as he's from Leicester.

Stats
Activity1 - Gm Running
Time - 20.13mins
Distance - 3km
Calories - 214
Weight Watchers Activity points - 2.5

No comments:

Post a Comment