Monday 14 June 2010

I ran in the Park

After the busy weekend, I thought a calmer to start the day would be nicer. I wanted to do another run in the park, so I decided I would run tonight.

I made a light dinner of Salmon with a Cous Cous salad. I had booked a Tesco delivery between 7-9pm. I left Chris to wait for it, as I was worried it would start raining. It was already dark and overcast. Armed with my Audio Fuel and my Nike+ I was ready. I love gadgets!

I knew a lap about the edge of the park was 2km, so I followed the paths. Running in the park is good, cos you get to people watch! I passed a few couples wearing new trainers on power walks. I crossed the path of one woman twice (she was running the other way). There were the usual park drinkers on benches, dog walkers and even a police officer and community support officer on patrol. West Ham park is quite nice.

While running I did have a few flashbacks of cross country running at school. I was a large teenager and hated all forms of exercise. I'm so glad I've grown up to actually enjoy it!

Stats
Activity - Park Running
Distance - 2.3km
Time - 13.07 mins
Calories - 161
Pace - 5'41"

1 comment:

  1. Woo-hoo! You did it! I'm well impressed. I kmow exactly what you mean about the PE associations, I hated PE at school too.

    ReplyDelete