Saturday 19 June 2010

Appleton Park Run

This weekend I'm visiting my parents in Leicester. I wasn't sure how I would get my run in, but I figured it would be easier to do it in the morning, so I could spend the rest of the day playing with my nephew Aryan.
The park near my parents house is called Appleton Park. I remember it being 'created' as a park when I was younger. I learnt to ride a bike in the same park.

When I mentioned to my parents I wanted to go for a run, they just looked at me. They didn't get it. Exercise in my family, isn't something that occurs to them. I've tried over the years to get them to move more, but they don't get it!

The park is not used very much and hasn't had much good press. My mum wanted to come with me. I convinced her, to stay at home.
I didn't know what the park was like for paths, so I just followed on which lead to a dead end, so I went back and took another path, that was also dead end. This path came to a overgrown field with 4 horses in it. Tomorrow, I'll take my phone, so I can take a picture of the horses. I decided to run along the edge in a small circuit. I did that twice. The run was over! Hurrah.
Tomorrow, I'm going to run to the park and then to my brothers house. Aryan looks like he's going to wake up, so I better finish. Too Late, his awake. He's on my lap as I finish


Stats
Activity - Park Running
Distance - 1.90km
Time - 10.48 mins
Calories - 133
Pace - 5' 40"
WW Activity Points - 1

No comments:

Post a Comment