Sunday 6 June 2010

Lazy Sunday

Today has been the most difficult morning to try and motivate myself to think of an activity. Last night we had a lovely evening with friends, which involved drinking and eating. The perfect evening!

It got to 5pm and I knew I had to get my kit on and head to the park. Originally, we decided to take the bikes to the Greenway and have a look at the Olympic site's progress. We were being lazy and neither one of us mentioned a time. Chris had to repair the brakes on his so once he did that I decided I'd rather go running. I'm not a confident cyclist and I wasn't feeling very happy about taking the bike out. By the end of Juneathon I will try to cycle somewhere, even if it is to Morrisions.

I had my Audio Fuel on and Chris cycled to the park with me, to make sure I didn't get lost on the way. He needed to test the brakes out too. We looked the map of the park and there was a 2km running path already measure out and Chris cycled in front of me, so I could follow him use the right path. He handed me his phone, so I could GPS the time and route. I'm so glad I made the decision to run in the evening. It was still warm and I wasn't enjoying running outside.

Yesterday I thought the heat was the reason I wasn't able to run much, but I think I my lack of running outside is the real reason. I'm determined to get better, so I'm going to try running in the park at the weekends. Here is my google map of the route in the park.

I'm going to try to aim and do a parkrun in Finsbury Park one weekend, so I have a little target to work towards.

Activity - Park Running
Time - 10mins
Distance - 1.72km

No comments:

Post a Comment