Wednesday 10 November 2010

POINTS are not ProPoints. Help!!

Monday 8th November. To most of us it was a average rainy Monday morning, but for people following the Weight Watchers plan it was the day of an exiting new programme (their words not mine).

At last Friday's weigh in. I was handed a piece of paper with a set of times for the introduction meeting. Monday at 8.30am in The Kings Arms, the pub next door to the church we weigh in at. Friday was Diwali, so I knew it was going to be a difficult week to loose weight. Diwali is celebrated like Christmas, eating and drinking.

After a weekend of eating everything that was handed to me I wasn't looking forward to anything weight related. I walked into the end of the last meeting and was directed towards to scales! I'm wearing jeans, this isn't going to be good. I honestly thought I would be told about the new plan and that would be it. Instead, I was weighed given a sheet with the number 29 on and told to wait for the next talk. At that point I went into a state of shock. I didn't hear anything all that was going through my head was 7lbs in 36 hours! I'm a glutton.

OK, this is going to be ok. I've just got to concentrate through the talk and it'll be fine! Lots of changes and I still really don't get it! The main thing is POINTS are now ProPoints and all the values are different. Instead of the 18 I was on I'm now allowed 29 ProPoints. There is an added bonus of using 49 ProPoints for a blow out or spending them out throughout the week. AND fruit now is 0 ProPoints! Is it just me or am I gonna put loadsa weight back on! Surely you can't be allowed to eat!

After a little online search I found this article, which explains it slightly better.

This week was a weight gain, but from today I will do it proper promise ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment